CCNA Lab Feedback.

smcquillingsmcquilling Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am new to the forum and after doing research the last couple weeks (this forum was invaluable in that research, thanks!), I went ahead and purchased equipment for a CCNA Lab and would appreciate your feedback.

Routers:
3x 1721(128/32)12.4
1x 2621XM (128/32)12.4
1x 2611 Access server

Switches:
3x2950

WIC:
3x WIC 2T
3x T1
2x 1ENET

plus all the cables (t1 crossovers,smart serial crossovers,cat5e patch and crossover, octal cable for access server)

Is there anything you would recommend I add? I plan on pursuing CCNA Security and eventually CCNP after CCNA.

Comments

• odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I am new to the forum and after doing research the last couple weeks (this forum was invaluable in that research, thanks!), I went ahead and purchased equipment for a CCNA Lab and would appreciate your feedback.

Routers:
    3x 1721(128/32)12.4
    1x 2621XM (128/32)12.4
    1x 2611 Access server

Switches:
    3x2950

WIC:
    3x WIC 2T
    3x T1
    2x 1ENET

plus all the cables (t1 crossovers,smart serial crossovers,cat5e patch and crossover, octal cable for access server)

Is there anything you would recommend I add? I plan on pursuing CCNA Security and eventually CCNP after CCNA.

Thats a good setup to start with. You should have everything you need.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Definitely enough equipment for the CCNA and the CCNA Security, so you have plenty to keep you busy for the foreseeable future. For the CCNP you'll need a 3550 or two, but that's down the road so no need to worry about it now.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your studies! Are you coming into this with some experience and/or knowledge of Cisco, or are you staring from zero?
  • smcquillingsmcquilling Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Definitely enough equipment for the CCNA and the CCNA Security, so you have plenty to keep you busy for the foreseeable future. For the CCNP you'll need a 3550 or two, but that's down the road so no need to worry about it now.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your studies! Are you coming into this with some experience and/or knowledge of Cisco, or are you staring from zero?

I've been in the technology industry for about ten years, so i have a working knowledge of cisco equipment and basic configs, but I deal mostly deal with esx and server hardware on a day to day basis, so I never really got the level of hands-on experience with any of the networking equipment that I wanted. We recently started doing a 10gig upgrade at work and it sparked the urge to go for cisco certs and obtain a deeper knowledge of networking.