problem with Wireless Driver

sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys

I know this is a very stupid thread but I have tried everything anything that might fix it.

well to start off from the beginning I went on monday and bought a HP Pavilion DV6-6102Ax and when I got home I went before I did anything I made sure that it had drivers available for Windows 7 Ultimate (which it was running Windows 7 Home Premium at the time) so I formatted the new laptop because I had a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and after I formatted the laptop I started installing all the drivers display montior,sound,etc.

I came to install the wireless adapter and it didnt work on there site they had i think about 8 different ones so I tried all 8 different wireless adapter drivers but still no luck then I went on the internet to see if anyone had the same problem but no one did.

I checked the device manager on the laptop and it doesnt even show that there is a Wireless adapter on the notebook which there is because when I first turned on the laptop i used the internet to see if it had drivers for windows 7 ultimate.

my last step was to call HP and they didnt even know how to fix the issue, I've been trying to fix this since monday I mean i wouldnt of even bothered posting up here if it wasn't a resolvable issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• Stiltz79Stiltz79 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First, make sure the wireless card wasn't disabled in the BIOS somehow. He have HP's here at work and I noticed that the Wireless card gets disabled sometimes.

Second, in Device Manager, turn on Hidden Devices and see if you see anything. Some antivirus applications will corrupt network drivers. Had that happen here too.
  • sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey thanks for your response.

I actually just fixed it now.

just incase if you come across this problem all i did was install the driver that i downloaded from the hp site and when it gave me an error it also gave me an option to download the drivers via windows update.

the part you mentioned about wireless might be disabled in BIOS was actually a good idea I should try that for troubleshooting next time as well if a similar problem occurs again.

Thanks again
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Most HP's only have Broadcom or Intel afaik. Easiest just to go to their website and download from them instead of oem.

When in doubt, go straight to the source!
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    Most HP's only have Broadcom or Intel afaik. Easiest just to go to their website and download from them instead of oem.

When in doubt, go straight to the source!

My HP EliteBook 8440p has an Intel. I think it depends on if you order it with a N card or not, although I think N is pretty much what everything is coming with these days.

I've seen the same thing on Dells, Broadcom or Intel.

Don't forget most laptops have a hardware switch on them to turn things like Wireless and Bluetooth on and off. They usually have an indicator light to show if it's on or not, but not always.
  • sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey guys thanks for the replies.

@crrussell yeah I know what you mean and I would of done the same thing but I didnt look at the drivers that were already installed on the notebook I went straight to formatting because there was all this HP Junk thats pre-installed with the computer which I didnt like,which you guys might disagree.

Thanks.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Everyone wrote: »
    My HP EliteBook 8440p has an Intel. I think it depends on if you order it with a N card or not, although I think N is pretty much what everything is coming with these days.

When this is the case HP typically will have both drivers under your model number.
    Decide what to be and go be it.