Options

Written scheduled (finally)

2»

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pass! Onto lab prep.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Pass! Onto lab prep.

Congrats on the pass. No better way to start a new job then to pass a big exam right before hand.
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
  • Options
    congrats man!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass. No better way to start a new job then to pass a big exam right before hand.

You got that right! It'll be nice being the new guy tomorrow, but having just passed the IE written. The real work starts now.

Thanks for the congrats everyone!
  • Options
    That is an excellent way to start. It seems like things have been really working out well for you recently. You've been working hard and you deserve it!
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good job. Time to start a lab study counter now :) With a written pass you are now officially a CCIE candidate. We have a few on here. Mine expired already so will do it in the new year ;)
  • Options
    Well, day 1 of my lab prep. It was OK. I can already say with confidence I won't be around here too much..not enough time in the day. It's 11:30pm now, and I've got to get my work clothes ready for tomorrow, go to bed, and wake up in 5 hours to do it all again. And I didn't even get the study hours in I wanted to. BUT! Something is better than nothing, and I did brush up on my QoS config.

Gotta say, it's sad how INE's Vol I labs contain so many advertisements for their other products.
  • Options
    Knuckle down on the new job for a couple of months and dont get preoccupied on studying on workstime. You wouldn't want people thinking you are getting distracted. Read the workbooks in the evenings for an hour. Do a few lab hours at the weekend.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Knuckle down on the new job for a couple of months and dont get preoccupied on studying on workstime. You wouldn't want people thinking you are getting distracted. Read the workbooks in the evenings for an hour. Do a few lab hours at the weekend.

Good lord, no time at work to study. I worked 12+ hours today (my second day), working on a huge migration. I'm THE network guy. I hadn't even had time to contemplate studying at work.
  • Options
    Good lord, no time at work to study. I worked 12+ hours today (my second day), working on a huge migration. I'm THE network guy. I hadn't even had time to contemplate studying at work.

hehehehe..just like me then! Welcome to the world of CCIE candidate with no time to study. You have taken a no lifer job just like myself! Its well paid and good for your career but if you want to succeed at work expect your study plans to take a kicking. You just wont have the time and energy for it for a while. After 15 months of 12 hour days and late night network rescues Im at last on top of my job and design projects and finally have some time to study again! Park your CCIE plans for a few months just like I did so you can focus solely on getting things under control at work. You need to rest in the evening and spend time with your wife and kids, not go crazy forcing practice lab study. Do some light lab prep at the weekend to keep your hand in. Your CCIE lab preparation will recover in 2012 and you will pass in 2013.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    hehehehe..just like me then! Welcome to the world of CCIE candidate with no time to study. You have taken a no lifer job just like myself! Its well paid and good for your career but if you want to succeed at work expect your study plans to take a kicking. You just wont have the time and energy for it for a while. After 15 months of 12 hour days and late night network rescues Im at last on top of my job and design projects and finally have some time to study again! Park your CCIE plans for a few months just like I did so you can focus solely on getting things under control at work. You need to rest in the evening and spend time with your wife and kids, not go crazy forcing practice lab study. Do some light lab prep at the weekend to keep your hand in. Your CCIE lab preparation will recover in 2012 and you will pass in 2013.

Turgon..I respect your opinion more than most around here...but there is no way in hell I'm NOT taking the lab in 2012! I have decided (before I began my written prep), that this time was "do or die." When I say that, I refer to the year 2012 as a whole..I'm going to pass in 2012, or never at all. If I fail in 2012, and retake 2 months later, that's fine. If I don't make my first attempt in 2012...it just ain't happening.

I labbed every night since my written pass so far. Today I am going to get 3-4 hours in. Honestly, this schedule is not bad so far. I worked on one of my cars for part of the morning, am going out with the family before my studying (for lunch), and after my studying tonight, we have a family event we're going to. So, I still have a life. The only time during this journey where I plan to totally cut myself off from the regular world, is my last 2 months before the lab. I'll designate one day a week to take off, but the other 6 (for those 2 months), will be long days of lab prep.

I'll probably start a thread here. I didn't want to, because this forum is already saturated with them, and I don't know if I'll be able to maintain it, but I guess it beats posting all this in the written thread that I made.
  • Options
    Turgon..I respect your opinion more than most around here...but there is no way in hell I'm NOT taking the lab in 2012! I have decided (before I began my written prep), that this time was "do or die." When I say that, I refer to the year 2012 as a whole..I'm going to pass in 2012, or never at all. If I fail in 2012, and retake 2 months later, that's fine. If I don't make my first attempt in 2012...it just ain't happening.

I labbed every night since my written pass so far. Today I am going to get 3-4 hours in. Honestly, this schedule is not bad so far. I worked on one of my cars for part of the morning, am going out with the family before my studying (for lunch), and after my studying tonight, we have a family event we're going to. So, I still have a life. The only time during this journey where I plan to totally cut myself off from the regular world, is my last 2 months before the lab. I'll designate one day a week to take off, but the other 6 (for those 2 months), will be long days of lab prep.

I'll probably start a thread here. I didn't want to, because this forum is already saturated with them, and I don't know if I'll be able to maintain it, but I guess it beats posting all this in the written thread that I made.

It's all good. The only thing to watch out for is those Monday to Friday days where you will be swamped with work, aggressive deadlines, pressure and long hours. Just pace yourself there and you will be fine for a lab attempt in 2012! Some regular time off in the last couple of months before the lab is a great idea.
  • Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mrock, I'm late on the congrats, but congratulations on the written. You being prior service inspires me as well. Definitely not looking to be a CCIE before I get out of the military, but perhaps a few years in the civilian sector will help me up there.

Good luck on your lab and take care!
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Indeed, well done :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ditto here!icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.