Other name?

phillipzphillipz Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
So im looking at some colleges to take CCNA. So far there are a lot of tech and communication names that I have never seen before. So what is another name for a network associate?

Comments

• rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Why would you go to college for a CCNA? The CCNA is certificate which can be obtained relatively quickly with some books and lab materials. Don't get suckered in to a CCNA "college".
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    phillipz wrote: »
    So im looking at some colleges to take CCNA. So far there are a lot of tech and communication names that I have never seen before. So what is another name for a network associate?

Sorry. Not sure what you are asking here. If you are looking for different name titles associated with associate-level network engineer, then I guess that would be:

Jr. Network Engineer
    Jr. Network Administrator
    NOC Technician

I didn't list all, but you will find that the titles are vague across many companies since one may do more or less than what the title states. CCNA is just an ASSOCIATE level certification. It's not an ENTRY-LEVEL cert. That would be the CCENT. Although most of us perceived CCNA as an entry-level cert, because CCENT didn't exist back then. CCNA was lowest Cisco cert. Personally, I wouldn't count the CCENT as an entry-level since it didn't really give us any luck finding jobs.

CCENT (entry-level) < CCNA (associate) < CCNP (professional) < CCIE (expert)

Each Cisco certs beyond CCENT has few specialities such as voice, wireless, and security.
  • carbonatedcarbonated Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Er. Network engineer I guess...