Options

Routers / Topolgies / WICs - please help

NewManSoonNewManSoon Banned Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok, I have gone through countless threads and links that people have posted and I am now even more confused about what I should be getting.

Not knowing my way around the routing world (yet) , I am not sure exactly what my needs are. So jumping on some deals with the little knowledge I have , I grabbed 3x 2950's and one 1760 with maxed out ram and I have 12.4 ready to be put on it. This router also has the VPN modules (score!! , I think) and a WIC-1ENET.

With that being said , what else do I need? From what I understand , I should be aiming for at least 3 routers. Can 1 be a 1760 (as I have) and two say non xm 2600's? Do I need a forth for frame relay? What are common frame relay routers? Should I go ALL 2600XM's and/or 1760's?

Finally , for any suggestions, please advise on the WIC's needed as well.

I hope this is not to much to ask all at once :)

Comments

• Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    I would stick with the xm's on the 2600's or go with more 1760's or 1721's (really cheap usually). I would try to get the routers with serial wic's already, as they tend to be cheaper than buying separately. (my mistake) I do have frame-relay, but I am studying for NP now, I did not have it when I was studying my NA. Good luck!
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    +1 on 1721/1751/1760 or 2600xm's

3x wic2t or wic2t + few wic1ts

Don't forgot the serial cables for the wics

I went with 3x 1760's and 3x 2600xm's
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014