Options

Any certifications for Motorola MC9090 mobile devices?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I was looking at Motorola's website and they have several certifications, but none related to their hand held mobile devices.

Of course they have their Six Sigma courses and some wireless courses, but nothing related to the MC9090's

Anyone know of any training? We have an RFP to support and configure these devices.

I've configured the 9090's in the past with Avalance remote connect and SAP.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We have some of those. Are yours still using Windows Mobile as well?
  • Options
    We have some of those. Are yours still using Windows Mobile as well?

Yes they are.

They are easy to reimage, we have a exe we run and the image is right back on the device. Our engineering team created that utility.

I was more curious than anything else.

I wasn't sure how we would handle replacement parts
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    N2IT wrote: »
    Yes they are.

They are easy to reimage, we have a exe we run and the image is right back on the device. Our engineering team created that utility.

I was more curious than anything else.

I wasn't sure how we would handle replacement parts

I'm wondering if my company is going to have to prepare for replacing the system. Have you heard if Microsoft and Motorola have planned on a future upgrade to the software/hardware? The only problem we have with the device is that they can flakey if the desert.
  • Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142

Thanks in advance.

When we installed Avalanche I was in heaven, having the ability to remote in was priceless. Adding new devices was almost to easy. Not only that, could see who was really working icon_wink.gif

On that note, when the Motorola rep flew to us to be onsite there was very little in "training" documentation, more of a "Here is the user manual". There was a lot of trial and error, but I feel more of it was Windows then the actual device.
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    I'm wondering if my company is going to have to prepare for replacing the system. Have you heard if Microsoft and Motorola have planned on a future upgrade to the software/hardware? The only problem we have with the device is that they can flakey if the desert.

I have not to be honest.

We just received about 500 of these things, which will need custom images and some applications installed. I'll keep you posted on any versioning changes from the old ones to the new ones.

Quick question

Did you get the tough version of the device or just the standard?
  • Options
    KrisA wrote: »
    When we installed Avalanche I was in heaven, having the ability to remote in was priceless. Adding new devices was almost to easy. Not only that, could see who was really working icon_wink.gif

On that note, when the Motorola rep flew to us to be onsite there was very little in "training" documentation, more of a "Here is the user manual". There was a lot of trial and error, but I feel more of it was Windows then the actual device.

It's a great tool for sure!
  • Options
    Just spoke with a technician more experienced than myself and he did mention they can be flaky from time to time. Usually a hard reboot will fix most of the OS issues.

As far as the hardware goes we purchased the rugged version of the 9090. These have a hard shell of plastic and rubber around them. They have like a panasonic tough book or tablet.
  • Options
    santu12santu12 Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    KrisA said:

Thanks in advance.

When we installed Avalanche I was in heaven, having the ability to remote in was priceless. Adding new devices was almost to easy. Not only that, could see who was really working icon_winkgif

First of all, I'm so sorry I know this is a 12-13 year old discussion but the topic is very important I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, While you praise Avalanche's remote access and ease of deployment, you mentioned needing trial and error even with Motorola support. Did you encounter specific challenges with Avalanche on the 9090s beyond general Windows configuration, and if so, were there resources or techniques that helped overcome them? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks <3

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Just so you realize that you are asking how someone solved issues 12 years ago concerning 12-year-old technology. Legacy systems and devices can be very difficult to support because of the lack of current expertise and historical information.