Options

SRST with 1921

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Can someone please confirm if the 1921 support SRST with CUCM 8.5? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm if the 1921 support SRST with CUCM 8.5? Thank you.

Not sure sure. THe 1800/1900 series has no media resource capability so you won't be able to place a call on hold or anything like that when you have a WAN failure. Most of the time the min for a SRST router will be a 2801/2901 router that you can host DSP's on. You can prob get buy as you can put dial-peers on a 1900, but you will be very limited with somethings.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    shodown wrote: »
    Not sure sure. THe 1800/1900 series has no media resource capability so you won't be able to place a call on hold or anything like that when you have a WAN failure. Most of the time the min for a SRST router will be a 2801/2901 router that you can host DSP's on. You can prob get buy as you can put dial-peers on a 1900, but you will be very limited with somethings.

You can put dial peers on a 1900? I didn't think they supported any voice.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I was afraid of that. Stupid upgrades :)
  • Options
    ColbyG wrote: »
    You can put dial peers on a 1900? I didn't think they supported any voice.

I shouldn't have said dial-peers, but I have a few 1800's that are controlled by MGCP at some of my customers sites, but when the circuit goes down they are pretty worthless, I don't remember in particular putting dial-peers on one, but I'm sure you can.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    shodown wrote: »
    I shouldn't have said dial-peers, but I have a few 1800's that are controlled by MGCP at some of my customers sites, but when the circuit goes down they are pretty worthless, I don't remember in particular putting dial-peers on one, but I'm sure you can.

Maybe the 1861? I know the biggest 1800 does voice, but I don't know of any other 1800/1900 that does.
  • Options
    ColbyG wrote: »
    Maybe the 1861? I know the biggest 1800 does voice, but I don't know of any other 1800/1900 that does.

Give me a sec, I'll log onto a 1900 somewhere and drop in a dial-peer or 2 and be back with the results.
    Currently Reading