Options

Passed ICND1 today...

tattootorytattootory Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guilty!!! I'm another lurker.
I just wanted to come out of the woodworks to say thanks to everybody for contributing to a really awesome forum. Its been really helpful to me in a couple of ways. The links for subnetting practice have been the best thing I've picked up here I guess... but here's my perspective on the exam:
I got a 912 today in 48 minutes.
There was a pretty even mix of topics that were covered, and it wasnt all that difficult. I couldnt believe the exam was over as quickly as it was!
The questions are fair, and are not worded in a way designed to trick anybody.

I studied for a couple hours a day for 2 weeks, then took an ICND1 5 day boot camp, and for the last week I have dedicated my waking hours to the material. I used the following material:
Wendell Odom's CCNA/INTRO (the 2004 version, lol)
The Cisco Student Guide (from the boot camp)
CBT Nuggets (Jeremy makes it fun when I start losing focus)
I have 2x800 series routers at home (no serial int)
I used Cisco Packet Tracer
Todd Lammle's 6th Edition

I'd say these are more than enough to aid in a good understanding of the material, as it is explained in so many different ways from author to author. Also, this was my first attempt at any IT cert, and I have never worked in IT. I am actually a tattoo artist, looking to start a new, more stable career.

I'm really looking forward to the ICND2 boot camp I will be starting on Monday, and the next exam :)

I hope the above info helps somebody out.

so helpful for the exam!
>subnettingquestions.com

Comments

• Options
    Steveg31Steveg31 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I think the ICND1 is hyped way beyond what it actually is. I passed it this past Saturday and I thought I was talking the network+ exam until I got a simulation.

As long as you study hard and practice, the test is a piece of triple layered chocolate cake with baked in strawberries and maybe a sliced of pineapple somewhere in the mix, with a glass of flavored water sitting under sun on the beach in Jamaica.... (Jeremy moment) Sorry.

CCNA exam for me in two weeks.
    What about you??
  • Options
    I'd quite like to get it wrapped up before the end of the month.
    I agree with you totally-its really not difficult stuff, as long as you just know your material.
    I'm taking this weekend off to enjoy the beautiful South African sun (its just turned spring), and then its back to work.

I'm not going to rush my studies to reach my deadline, but my ideal date would be the 29th. Aside from the piece of paper that makes the certification official, I quite like the idea of understanding the material in the CCNA.

Good luck with your studies :)
  • Options
    DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any cert book or study material better than the other? Which one, if you had to choose, would you recommend?
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
  • Options
    I would go with the nuggets first, and then Lammle's book. I wouldn't recommend any one source.