Options

Yet Another A+ Passed!

Roadblock1945Roadblock1945 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently took a tech coarse at my local Collage to brush up on a few things and then decided to go take my CompTIA A+ afterwards.

I honestly didn't study for the 701 or 702 directly, I'm kinda wishing I had though. I wonder how much better my scores may have been.

Anyway, I passed with a 840 on the 701, and a 815 on the 702.

Now what?

I've been into computers for years but I'd never bothered to get certified in anything. Always done my own things, self-employed etc. With this economy what it is, it's just not paying the bills anymore. I set out to find work and figured some type of certificate would help but I'm finding everyone wants a degree or many more certs then I have. Most of the cert jobs I'm finding are for CCNA or CCNP etc.

I'm going to go take my CompTIA Network+ next I think. I figure it can't hurt.

What does everyone else suggest?

Comments

• Options
    DrumsDrums Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I just passed A+ myself today, I'm in a similar boat having experience but just now getting my first cert. I plan on taking the Net + then going towards a vendor specific cert next, the nice thing about having A+ and Net + is they count towards a microsoft elective if you go that route.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Brain VirusBrain Virus Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    grats on the Pass. I just passed my Sec+ last night :)
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to both of you!! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with future studies.
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My personal opinion here. I would skip Network+ and go for CCNA. The foundational stuff covered in net+ is covered in ICND1 of CCNA for the most part.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass! Keep moving forward and get more.