Options

Looking for some free SMS online resources

josephadalyjosephadaly Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just recently began looking at SMS for my job and was wondering if any of you knew of places online that had a decent introduction primer for microsofts systems management server application and the many things you can do in it. I ordered a book off amazon but looking for other sources to read until it arrives

Comments

• Options
    Homer SimpsonHomer Simpson Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure of any live training sites for SMS that can help you. SMS is a combination of three seperate modules. IIS, SQL and the SMS program. If you have any materials that can help out in any of these modules then you have a big chunk of it taken care of.

Of course there are differences between the versions of the modules in that SMS 2003 is different than 2000 etc. The MS SMS 2003 book is excellent in the installation and operating procedures and if you ordered that one good on you.

There will be some learning that is not in the book about which module to install first and do the service pack updates before operating. Like everything else, its a puzzle.

You'll need not only a decent guide to follow but also a dedicated server with a few clients to get a good feel of its capability.

Good luck.
    Homer