Options

Exam Scores for HW and OS

pipearcepipearce Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All

I'm looking for a few statistics on the Hardware and the OS CompTIA exams. A number of people in my area have taken these exams, most passing but with scores in the mid 500s. Few get over 600.

What do the scores for these exams tend to be? Is there a means of finding out average scores, failure rate etc?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    With a quick Goggle search, I did not find a source that will list the percentage rate of pass/fail. If your research is for a reasonable purpose you may get an answer from Comptia, but I'd doubt it.

If you compare the A+ to the other Comptia certifications, you will see that the score to pass is the lowest on a 100-900 (being 505 for OS and 515 for Hardware).

Going out on a limb here, but I dare say that people who work within the industry and work with the components listed on the objectives PASS. Those who are new to the industry, take their time and learn the material and PASS. Those who have limited knowledge and do not seriously learn the material are more likely to fail.

Comptia recommends an exam candidate to have at least 500 hours of experience prior to the exam. So on a 40 hour week that is at least 12.5 weeks of work. A part-time job (20 hours) would be a half a year of work experience.

The tests may contain questions that are 'beta' and not scored or they may contain all relavant questions. Even if such data was available to the public it may not be accurate because of the variables.

What is it you hope to gain if you are able to find an answer?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    pipearcepipearce Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Plantwiz!

Never had much luck with getting info from CompTIA.

One of the reasons I ask this question is I've noticed a huge difference in test scores from the previous objectives to the 2003 objectives. I was interested to see if that was noticed elsewhere.

Cheers,