High CPU Usage

computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
My laptop CPU is running 100% steady and I'm not sure what's causing the issue. I ran task manager and also resource monitor, and nothing was using a lot of CPU usage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Try identifying the culprit with Process Explorer
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Try identifying the culprit with Process Explorer

^^ good one

also try logging in a differant user on the same computer and check to see if the new user is using the same amount of cpu
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    You need to click "Show Processes from All Users"
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do you have any scheduled tasks running? Unnecessary Services? You might also check Reliability Monitor.
  • computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm currently running process explorer, cpu seems to be within a normal range. On the account on the cpu was running 100%, so I'm going to run process explorer on the account.
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Is this Windows 7? Are you reading this from the resource manager?
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
    Yes, the computer is running windows 7. Do you mean resource monitor?
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Yeah thats what I meant. Sort by Average CPU and see what's at the top. My plugged in laptop here with Firefox running stays in the low one digit percentages for the most part. Spikes a little higher sometimes.

Are you running in high performance or balanced mode by any chance? (power settings)
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
    I'm running power saver.