Options

Show commands for ICND1

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,
I have my exam tomorrow so been using this morning to try to ensure I can remember some show commands as I believe this will be one of the many important factors during the exam.
So far i can remember these

show running-config
show startup-config
show ip interface brief
show ip interface
show interface status
show interface description
show vlan
show vlan brief
show controller
show interfaces
show interfaces {interface number goes here}
show port-security
show port-security {interface}
show sessions
show users
show ssh
show crypto key mypubkey rsa
show tech-support
show process
show flash
show version
show terminal
show ip protocols
show protocols
show ip route
show ip arp
show arp
show mac-address-table
show cdp
show cdp neighbors
show cdp neighbors detail
show cdp entry *
show cdp entry {hostname}
show ip dhcp binding
show hosts
show dhcp lease
show debug
show ip nat translations
show ip nat statistics

and a few debug commands
debug ip packet
debug ppp authentication
debug ip rip
undebug all (u all)

is there any I could be missing or others which maybe of added value in the exam?
thanks
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    From what I understand from the Cisco Exam tutorial, is that not all commands are available within the sim. However all commands needed to complete the task are. ? then becomes your best friend to see what you have at your disposal.
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    Hi,

Yes I know not all commands maybe available to make it difficult but I thought If i can remember some main commands (and have experience knowing what they do) to find information then I wont need to rely on the ? too much.

if there's any other show commands that could help me please let me know. I'm using PT which is limited compared to the real deal.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    Also i think knowing as many show commands as possible is a good thing as they could throw in questions asking what certain commands do and knowing the actual syntax would be helpful.
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    your list of show commands is more than you will need for icnd1

if you know how to interpret the output of these commands there should be no problems in icnd1
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    your list of show commands is more than you will need for icnd1

if you know how to interpret the output of these commands there should be no problems in icnd1

:) that is good news! best to be over prepared for it rather than undercooked.
  • Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    Congrats on the Pass ! - Did you feel your list was sufficient?
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014