Test Types

JohnRedcornJohnRedcorn Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
What do you think is the easier to pass or take- adaptive or linear?

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    It's not that you have a choice (the previous exam version was adaptive, the current A+ exams not), but the adaptive exam were much easier. Too easy for many and it left a kind of unsatisfied feeling - studying hard and preparing for long, walking in and out having passed in 10 minutes or less, since there were only 20-25 questions.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Statistically, they are supposed to be equal.

Benefit of Adaptive is that the candidate only sees a small portion of the test question pool.

As Webmaster mentioned, it is dissatisfying to prepare for an exam and 'fly' out in 15 minutes because there are so few questions.

Personally, I have always preferred Essay over multiple guess type questions. Since essay is not a likely option for a certification exam, that leaves multiple guess....in which case, I"d prefer to have as many questions as possible (better odds in my opinion).

However, the exam questions are weighted so the amount of questions is not relevant as some questions count and others may not.

To answer your question, logically (Thinking about it), I'd say there is no difference between the two types of tests.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • JohnRedcornJohnRedcorn Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply,

I posted this topic before I went to take the A+ Core. I was pretty nervous because I didn't do that well on the practice exams but I came away with a 764. My test was linear. Now on to the OS...