Options

Passed ICND1

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I passed my ICND1 with a score of 925:) I am very pleased with the result but also at certain points during the exam I actually believed I was on the road to failure. Overall the exam was easier than I expected.

thanks for all your help as I would not have achieved it without your guidance and advice, especially during the initial stages when I didn't even know what packet tracer was or didn't fully grasp certain topics.
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    sneakerjunkiejonessneakerjunkiejones Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrads on passing. What did you use to study for the exam, and how long did you study. I'm currently studying for the same exam, hoping to take it in January.
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads on passing. What did you use to study for the exam, and how long did you study. I'm currently studying for the same exam, hoping to take it in January.

Thanks!
    I used the following sources
    Odom's CCENT ICND1 Cisco Press Book
    Dummies Guide to CCENT by Glen Clarke
    Exam Cram CCENT
    CBT nuggets videos
    Train signal videos

Plus a few misc souces or areas i wanted to recap on
    CCENT Certification All-In-One For Dummies **** Sheet - For Dummies
    Router Alley - Guides
    Network + book (Sybex) - I used this purely to learn subnetting
    Security+ By Darrill Gibson

I found the Odom book good to start off with but after a while I did get a little bored of its dryness so started using the Dummies guide a lot more and it goes into more detail on the IOS commands which probably is more than whats needed for the CCENT. It's also a better read. Nice fiendly font. I like that.

It took me 3 months of study but the first month I admit I didn't really set myself any targets (I wasn't very confident of my ability so procastinated) so my studying was on and off and a bit inconsistent.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on passing and thanks for posting the resources used!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations on passing! Now you can focus on ICND2! :)
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass, and thanks for the feedback on what materials you used.