Options

Intro

BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
I've been lurking for a week or so and figured this is as good a time as any to introduce myself. Just took A+ today and passed with and 574 core and 668 OS. I was very disappointed by my hardware score, but I'm chalking it up to the fact that I was very confident about that portion and flew though it, while I was quite nervous about the OS and went over the test a good 2-3 times before exiting. Still, passing is passing.

Points as I remember them:

-This test pounds Windows 2000. If you were going to allocate your time between OS, this would by far be the place to put the most effort.
-Many click path questions, as much as I hate them.
-Lots of networking stuff, have a good concept of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP etc. Also know your cabling types well for the hardware test.
-Boot sequence for 9x and NT/2K/XP, know them and what the individual files do.
-I personally only got one or two IRQ/IO questions, but they're easy, so know them for the hardware portion.
-Study laser printer troubleshooting well.

Most important thing to remember is that process of elimination is your best friend. Most often, there are 2 answers that are absolutely ludicrous, allowing you to pick from only 2 seemingly reasonable answers. That's 50/50 odds right there, and adding in the questions to which you're absolutely sure of the answer, you're well on your way to passing.

Next friday... Network+. icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulation on your A+ :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    +CNENT++CNENT+ Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, and like you said pass is pass
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    daggitdaggit Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my core with a score of 704, but the luck of the draw i believe at least 50% of the OS questions I got tossed were some of hardest in the question pool. What I couldn't believe was most of them were all Win ME
    scenario type problems. Which is one OS I have never used, and the book
    just lumps ME in with 98/98SE, so I just had relay my 98 knowledge which got me close. I failed by 11 points, which comes down to missing it by 1 question. Oh well, needless to say I'm back to the books.
  • Options
    Doomsday JDoomsday J Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the heads up.

Good luck on the Net+
    If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • Options
    hpl104hpl104 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on net+. I find that HW was easier than OS but I did worse in HW too.