Options

A+ Strategy?

feaba13feaba13 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, I am new to this site and am looking for some advice about taking the A+ exams. I just purchased and received the Mike Meyers A+ All-In-One book and plan on using that and Professor Messer's videos in order to get prepared.

My first question would be, what type of strategy would you take in studying for this exam? Would you look at the exam objectives for 701 and study for that first, take the test and come back and study for 702 and take that test? Or would you read the book cover to cover and then focus on the specific objectives for each exam?

Secondly, I have been reading some advice about what materials to study and Mike Meyers and Professor Messer seem to come up quite often. Are these two good choices for studying for A+ certification? Is there anything else that I should be using to study as well?

Comments

• Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First of all welcome to the forums!

I only used Meyers book and worked fine for me. I booked the exams two days apart so if I horribly failed the 701 I could reschedule the 702 for later. *note* It takes 24 hours notice to reschedule an exam that is booked. There is a lot of overlap so study for both exams. IMHO

They say the 702 is more difficult and I felt that way too, however I scored better on that then the 701.

My personal study technique:

1. Read book cover to cover

2. Highlight concepts that you are having trouble understanding fully

3. Make flash cards for all the number and basic terminology stuff

4. Study

5. Be able to go through and explain the objectives also use the objectives to identify where you need work

6. Save those practice tests and quizzes for the end to help identify the areas that need work after you been studying
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    My strategy may not be the best, but I read a chapter of the meyers book, and watch a full section of the messer videos each night.

I am highlighting things that I didnt instantly know/grasp, and I will come back to study more on those.

I keep notes on every acronym, also, so I can make flash cards.