Options

WHO KNOWS !!!!

juventusjuventus Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, anybody can tell me how to get the HLT and HST Head load time and Head settling time from these given assumptions:
A disk has six platters, each containing 80 tracks per surface, and 12 heads. Each track has 16 sectors, and each sector holds 512 Bytes.
The disk rotates at 4200 r/mn. The advertised seek time is 15 ms, and the controller overhead is 3ms

Please Help icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Have you check the MFG specs?

Do you need this information for something specific or just looking to understand 'everything' about drives?

drives

Link
    Link II
    Link III

Other than trying to match drives, I cannot say that I've ever needed to know this much about a drive. Doing a Goggle search did not seem to pull much up in the 'general' sense. Specifics by some mfg's, but not much that I found on a quick search. I'll try looking for more later.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?