Options

Question about Roaming/Mandatory user profile

rphannrphann Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know why the wallpaper doesn't get transfered over when you use roaming/mandatory user profile? Every other files got transfered over but the wallpaper.

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Depends on where the wallpaper image is stored. Put it in the same shared location and it should work.
  • Options
    I tried that and it still doesn't work. All i get is a blank blue screen as my wallpaper. Any other suggestions? icon_cry.gif Thanks
  • Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    Can you spare more detail on the problem?
  • Options
    On the server i created a shared folder and allow everyone full control.

I logged on the client computer and configure the desktop to what I want. Copy that profile to the Server.
    How I copied the profile:
    1. Right click My Computer and click Properties
    2. Clicked on the Advanced tab
    3. Under User Profiles I clicked the Settings button
    4. Inside the User Profiles chosed “username” and click on the Copy to button
    5. Where it says Copy Profile to…I typed in \\%servername%\%foldername%\%username%
    6. Where it says Permitted to Use…I typed in “users” and clicked OK.

In Active Directory Users and Computer I went to the user object and specify the profile path \\%servername%%foldername%\%username%

I hope you find this helpful.
  • Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    The image for the background isn't necessarily stored within the profile.

I think you probably need to make sure that there is a copy of your picture on each PC (well that's how I did it - just add a couple of lines in to your logon script to make sure everyone get's a copy).
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Make changes to the profile & manualy go into C:\Document&Settings\ & copy the profile to the server . Do this after a reboot without logging on a as that user (do it as admin) it should work.