Options

Lost Interest

killwarkillwar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
So guys yeah i'm very depressed about my issue.

I chose to turn to a quicker and faster self study path finding myself having not much money after attended a one day per week boring class technical IT course for 2 years.I pursed my studies on my own.

I studied my materials myself, took some exams and passed few of them and got their certifications
( listed on the left of my profile)

Now what to do? i really dont see any it jobs i am qualified for.
On job offers i see alot of more additional things to know like SQL,Oracle,DB VOIP, and things i never heard before. Familiar things that i know are Windows OS and Networks. They say you have to know and experience on for a job . i want to learn these things to catch up. i go on the internet through sites to read and its seems like a never ending process.i'm seem to be addicted to keep up with the trend.

I have a good background and understand techinical stuff ,have been trained before but ...no one wants to hire me icon_sad.gif

For me personally family is the biggest part of my depression i'm 25 years old, its difficult to explain my situation to my parents. have shown them my MS certs but they don't know what it means and its value..quite hard to explain to my mom and dad what these are as they don't seem very aware about the various jobs in IT. i beleive they have a picture that everyone who uses a computer works in IT.
i've been very sick by having multiple panic attacks and negative thoughts..please help.think i'm going maaad

I would like to say that english is not my native language and not from usa or canada. please sorry for any mistakes.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Take eight weeks out to take stock of everything and reenergise. Talk to people, take advice, make some adjustments over the course of a few weeks, not overnight. Have a good think about what you want to do and research your options properly, then plan accordingly. After about two months of that you will be refueled, better focused and going in a better direction.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree. You are burned out and expected a quicker turnaround on gaining your certs. I don't know where you are but I imagine that since the economy sucks in the U.S. it is likely to suck where you are as well. It is going to take a longer time to find a job than it did 5 years ago. Consider getting a lower level job to get your foot in the door. Once you're in do a great job and move up. That is how you will get your experience for the next job. I started at $8/hr in IT. I knew the pay sucked. People weren't hiring. I took a step back so that I could get into the industry. I was making $45K less than a year later and I'm at a very high salary now. Best of luck. Hang in there....but do as Turgon said and take a break. You're burnt and you aren't going to be making the best decisions in that state of mind.