Options

NO job after ccna and ccna security?

I have the ccna:S since june and 0 jobs for me I not asking for a network Engineer but a NOC or a jr level job i dont know what to do i really need this my first IT job with paid

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    What's your previous experience look like? How's your resume? Certs aren't a magic ticket to a job and money.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    also if you live in an area with little opportunity have you thought about moving?
  • Options
    gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
    Any good resume example for a first time networking job?
  • Options
    gouki2005 wrote: »
    Any good resume example for a first time networking job?

check this sticky thread out: http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/13582-resumes-dos-donts-guide-line-getting-contacted.html
  • Options
    jakecitrixjakecitrix Banned Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    try volunteering to get some experience :)
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Agreed, it's not a magic ticket - biggest bit of advice I can give you is be willing to relocate to take a NOC job.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As many have said, (speaking from a hiring point of view) when I see a CV on my desk the ONLY thing that haveing certs means is that I am more likley to put yours towards the top.

But that is it, and if you have CCNA / CCNA:s or indeed any certs on your CV I want to see a demonstration of understanding of it. Sadly there are o many people in the field that have the Certifications but when speaking you them you are shocked they can even manage to tie there shoelases much less would you want them to work on your network.

So when I actuly review a CV i forget the certs and concentrate on the rest. Ie, does this guy sound like they really understand what the job they are applying for is, have they the skills currently to do the job and can the show that, or for more entry level postitions, do the come across as sone one keen to learn, able to learn, and motivated. Don't always care if you have experince in IT/Networking. Jsut that you can show you are some one sho is driven to learn.

IT more than any other field I have worked in (even more so than Science), is so so varied. And this is even more apparent in networking, log on to a core network device and the varity of possibilitys and technologies that are working togather is mind numbing. For me to consider some one I want to know that they can pick up many different ideas andwork them togather. Does not have to be in jsut IT related fields, but I want to get the sence of some one who likes to "fiddle" and learn. Because in your early years in Networking it is all about being a sponge and socking it up.

So my suggesting is that if you are trying to beak in, this is the feeling you watn to come across in your CV.

I love networking, and I want to learn and learn and learn...... with some examples of what you are doing to achive this, CCNA:S is one example, but you need some non cert based stuff in there as well.

Once you have been in the game for a while and are starting to speclised then I would expect something different on a CV, more detailing your experince in you specific field.

But starting ou, all I want to know is that you understand the fundementals, you will get stuck in, and you really really want to learn. Thoses feeling i get about thoses values are going to over ride any CERTS that you might or might not have.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    drew726drew726 Member Posts: 237
    Agree with what the earlier poster said. You should try volunteering, that's how I got started. Also, NOC jobs are extremely location dependent.
    Completed Courses:
    SSC1, SST1, AXV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, AHV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, GAC1, IWC1, INC1, HHT1, LAT1, QLT1, CLC1, IWT1 TPV1, INT1, TSV1, LET1, BOV1, AJV1, ORC1, MGC1, BRV1, AIV1, WFV1,
    TWA1, CPW2
    Incompleted Courses:
    nothing :)
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is a tough area to break into. Definitely mention that you like to learn. Try to find experience through volunteering or interning somewhere.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What country do you live in?? Do you go to school?

I don't know so I'm going to tell you what I did to try to get experience.

I did work study. It's where you go to school and get a job though the school. You have
    a certain amount of money granted to you by the government so you can work and earn
    that money. I didn't do work study though the IT department at school two years ago but
    I did do helpdesk related things. This year, it's the same situation but more hands on and
    I do a little more.

You can also volunteer. Try a church, a library, or some non profit organization. You might not
    be doing things related to CCNA/:S but you'll get experience.

Also look for contract jobs. They might be three months to a year but they could work out for you.
    A guy I went to school did contract jobs until he actually got a full time position.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are you getting interviews?
    If no, then your resume probably needs work or you are applying to jobs you are underqualified for.
    If yes, then your interviewing skills and ability to answer technical questions is probably lacking.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    I have the ccna:S since june and 0 jobs for me I not asking for a network Engineer but a NOC or a jr level job i dont know what to do i really need this my first IT job with paid

Post your resume in a new thread, and ask for assistance with it.

If you write on your resume the way you post here, then that could very well be one reason you get ignored. A resume is like a "first impression." You want to show your best, as that is what people use to frame their conversations with you.

Obtaining CCNA and CCNA:Security is admirable (moreso the CCNA, as that's actually a little more difficult). However, you have not framed this in the perspective of any experience that you have.

Being willing to relocate and/or volunteer and/or seek jobs a little lower than optimal, then working your way up is a good way to get "solid" in your field.

I agree with the other posters. Don't give up, and have your resume reviewed here.

This forum is designed to help you. Take advantage of it.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    As usual, good points from the guys.

As Devil said, look at it from a hiring manager's perspective. If I have a batch of resumes and a candidate has the right certs and no experience, I will may or may not make a note but will definitely not put at the top of the pile for callbacks. In a perfect world we all want a combo of experience and certs topped with an insatiable desire to learn new stuff. If you lack any of the three, you have to make up for it by dazzling me with the other two.

I agree with the others, let's see that resume as the problem may be that and not the lack of experience. Again, as a person responsible for hiring at some point, I always disposed of resumes that contained obvious errors.
  • Options
    drew726drew726 Member Posts: 237
    I've always felt during the interview process honesty and consistency is important. If you aren't honest, you'll get exposed the first few months working there. I've always answered questions that matched my overall objective I stated when beginning the interview. You don't want to look like some guy who just answers questions with the "best" possible answer unless its a technical question. I think hiring managers appreciate it when you talk from your heart because it sounds truthful. If you can show them how much passion and desire you have, sometimes they can look past the experience that you don't have. The reason I felt volunteering was good was that it shows regardless of your situation, you're willing to do whatever it takes to obtain experience. Plus, it builds references.
    Completed Courses:
    SSC1, SST1, AXV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, AHV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, GAC1, IWC1, INC1, HHT1, LAT1, QLT1, CLC1, IWT1 TPV1, INT1, TSV1, LET1, BOV1, AJV1, ORC1, MGC1, BRV1, AIV1, WFV1,
    TWA1, CPW2
    Incompleted Courses:
    nothing :)
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Start with the OP answering the original question.

What's your previous experience look like? How's your resume? Certs aren't a magic ticket to a job and money.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    XeeNXeeN Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□

Is English your first language? If yes, I suggest you work on crafting clearer sentences. You will need to be able to communicate well in any job.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    XeeN wrote: »
    Is English your first language? If yes, I suggest you work on crafting clearer sentences. You will need to be able to communicate well in any job.

Might be taken the wrong way, but I agree with this. Communication is very important. Run on sentences with improper punctuation in several places makes a person look like a 15 year old texting happy kid. It is more understandable if English is your second language, but that doesn't change the fact that communication is still a very key skill in this field.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    OP is from Central America. He's looking for jobs over there, most likely with a Spanish resume.