Options

my RESUME

http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/70458-no-job-after-ccna-ccna-security.html

you ask me for my resume here it is. I used a translator to translate my resume i am not live in the states but yeah this my resume

If i must remake it i will do.

Comments

• Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Are you trying to get a job in the states?
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Since you used a translator, going to skip the obvious sentence issues. I would say an objective really isn't needed but, that is debatable. I just know I haven't used one before and have been fine. To each their own on that one.

I would try to be much more specific on the experience part. It is very vague. For as much as the technical skills you have listed, I would try to demonstrate that in your experience. Try noting specific accomplishments, goals you achieved, etc.

For example, you have some advanced routing protocols listed under your technical skills. EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, etc. However, you have not shown even remotely in your experience how you would have this kind of knowledge. The same thing can be said of your experience with the Cisco 2900 series switches, Linux experience, etc. I am going to assume most of your technical skills with the exception of desktop support are theoretical skills you picked up in education?

You also listed your most current job after your previous experience- I am wondering if that is just a customary thing in your country? I do not know- I know in the US the custom is to start with the most current position. But stick to whichever is customary in your location.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
    Devilry wrote: »
    Are you trying to get a job in the states?

No Im not but here we have a lot of professionals so I could use some advices
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    OP, based on the contents of your resume I am assuming you are from El Salvador. How's the IT industry down there?

As a general rule, it is recommended to remove all personal info from your resume when posting online.

I think your 'Experience' section is very weak. I am sure you've done some ineteresting things that have a lot of value but I don't see that here. Have you configured equipment? Have you resolved problems? "Diagnostic and troubleshooting" won't get you an interview. You need specific examples that will catch the hiring manager's eye. "Solved X by doing Y" or "deployed X solution which resulted in Z benefit". That's the stuff that gets you a call back.

Since you have CCNA and CCNA Sec I am assuming at some point you labbed stuff. Leverage that. Find a creative way to present some of the knowledge you gained.

Finally, tailor the resume to the position you are after. DO NOT send a generic resume. IF they are asking for a CCNA for X industry adjust your resume to show them how your experience may be of value for them.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    OP, based on the contents of your resume I am assuming you are from El Salvador. How's the IT industry down there?

As a general rule, it is recommended to remove all personal info from your resume when posting online.

I think your 'Experience' section is very weak. I am sure you've done some ineteresting things that have a lot of value but I don't see that here. Have you configured equipment? Have you resolved problems? "Diagnostic and troubleshooting" won't get you an interview. You need specific examples that will catch the hiring manager's eye. "Solved X by doing Y" or "deployed X solution which resulted in Z benefit". That's the stuff that gets you a call back.

Since you have CCNA and CCNA Sec I am assuming at some point you labbed stuff. Leverage that. Find a creative way to present some of the knowledge you gained.

Finally, tailor the resume to the position you are after. DO NOT send a generic resume. IF they are asking for a CCNA for X industry adjust your resume to show them how your experience may be of value for them.
    +1 on this advice. I agree with you. When I was looking for a different job I'd modify my resume to better suit the position I was applying for (all legitimate modifications, that is).
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
    One last thing.

Is my resume format ok or should i get a better one?
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    gouki2005 wrote: »
    One last thing.

Is my resume format ok or should i get a better one?

You def need to work on your resume. There are too many whitespace. Add some ink and beef it up!
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would definitely go more in depth on my resume in the experience section. Saying "Support and networking consultant FreeLancer" is broad and doesn't tell me what you have done. What is the company? Consulting firm? Job lengths? experience at each location? The time frame from 2008 to present should be beefed up. Fine tune the other company in 2007 and it will look better

Just my $.02 icon_wink.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @ gurus in the house, is my resume good or do i need to adjust somethings. Advise pls
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    nethacker wrote: »
    @ gurus in the house, is my resume good or do i need to adjust somethings. Advise pls

I would start a new thread for this. Also, are you aware all your contact info is visible just by changing the color of the blacked out text?
  • Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I would start a new thread for this. Also, are you aware all your contact info is visible just by changing the color of the blacked out text?
    yea i knw..though not my real name and addy but its been removed..thx
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED