Windows Server 8

sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys

So Ive been reading and watching a few videos on youtube regarding Windows Server 8 and I wanted to ask you guys what do you think of it so far do you think it will be successful OS or do you think its going to end up like Vista.

Comments

• killwarkillwar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Personnally i think Server 8 Will be good i guess MS invests lots of money in R&D.

I 'm sure they will deliver a Server OS that brings innovation especially for the management part.
    sina2011 wrote: »
    its going to end up like Vista.

What's wrong with Vista ?
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Like Vista. Microsoft has had the trend of releasing a "beta" finished product to the public before a good solid OS (relatively speaking).
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    killwar wrote: »
    What's wrong with Vista ?

Not many companies adopted it for one reason or another. I personally didn't have any gripes with it. Used it from when it first came out till Windows 7 came out.

XP and Windows 7 are common in the work place. I've only been to one company that switched to Vista.
  • it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    A lot of people haven't moved to Server 2008R2 yet, which is a fantastic server operating system by almost any measure. I am excited for Windows Server 8 in virtual and turn-key appliance applications.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    LucasMN wrote: »
    Like Vista. Microsoft has had the trend of releasing a "beta" finished product to the public before a good solid OS (relatively speaking).
    I've actually been playing with the developer preview and I can say for sure that this is not going to be the case with Win 8 (neither the client nor the server). Much of the advertised functionality seems to be available and working and it's not even in beta yet.