MCITP - Road Map to Success

FirecellFirecell Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
What is the suggested experience and certifications, before attempting MCITP?

What type of foundation do I need to possess to start my MCITP journey?

Comments

• rjs_essexrjs_essex Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I assume you are planning an MCITP in Windows 7? If so you have two options:

Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (70-685):
    Candidates for this exam support end users who run Microsoft Windows 7 in a corporate environment. They should have experience using applications that are included with the operating system, such as productivity applications used in a corporate environment and Microsoft Office applications. Candidates should be able to resolve operating system issues by telephone, email, connecting to an end user's system remotely, or by visiting an end user's desktop. They should have a working knowledge of operating in an Active Directory domain environment.

Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Administrator (70-686):

Candidates for this exam should have a minimum of three years of experience installing, configuring, and administering clients in a Windows networked environment and also have experience deploying operating systems and applications. Candidates should be familiar with the client administration capabilities of Windows Server and with management tools such as the System Center suite of products.

Taken from the Microsoft Learning website.

If you can pass the 70-680 (Windows 7, Configuring) exam then either of these two (although completely different in approach) are certainly attainable.

Hope that helps!

Richard icon_cool.gif
    WIP: 70-417, Security+, Project+, CCNA