Options

What type of Metrics are you rated against?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Open to close
Customer Sat
Lead time
First call resolution (Service/Help Desk)
Mean time to restore service
Mean time to repair

Which one do you like and which ones don't you like?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Back when I worked tech support I always saw first call resolution as a pretty good metric. You can never 100% for sure avoid a call back on an issue but the trend in the number of call backs will show if you're doing a good job or not. Customer satisfaction was not one I was a fan of as more often than not the only times customers felt like answering survey questions was when they were dissatisfied with something.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    undomiel wrote: »
    Back when I worked tech support I always saw first call resolution as a pretty good metric. You can never 100% for sure avoid a call back on an issue but the trend in the number of call backs will show if you're doing a good job or not. Customer satisfaction was not one I was a fan of as more often than not the only times customers felt like answering survey questions was when they were dissatisfied with something.

I like first call resolution as well. I agree about customer satisfaction. It can be very subjective. Some environments it works okay and others it's a disaster.
  • Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    I have no individual metrics just team/division metrics. Open to close and customer satisfaction are looked at the closest from the management point of view.