Options

Dates of Certifications on Resume

As subject reads, do you guys put them on your resume as:

Some Great Cert, October 15, 2011?

I was wondering what the preferred method is, since guys who get a lot of certs might look like they are brain dumping or just getting certs to get them, would it be better looking to just put the name of the cert completed?

I might be overlooking into this while working on my resume, but please discuss!

Comments

• Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    Unless it's being asked by the employer....I don't see a reason for putting the date next to the cert. I don't buy the whole "lots of cert = brain ****" argument. If an employer is worried about you brain dumping, they'll find out during the interview.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    pham0329 wrote: »
    Unless it's being asked by the employer....I don't see a reason for putting the date next to the cert. I don't buy the whole "lots of cert = brain ****" argument. If an employer is worried about you brain dumping, they'll find out during the interview.

I'm not saying this is the case that employers always think, but everyone can agree that there might be the small percentage out there who will think this way. I'm all about doing whatever it takes to make sure I can get the most exposure with my resume. There are plenty out there who see 6 certs in 60 days and throw the resume in the trash. That one employer who thinks that way, might have had a great position. Remember, for the most part these are HR people, that don't know squat. I just want to keep the most doors open as possible.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Dates and grades, no. If they care about the date...they will ask you in the interview.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???