Options

my resume

mario21mario21 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. I'm an avid lurker on this forum and recently decided to join. I have my resume that im looking to get input on. On the word document i have logos of cisco and my employer. i cant figure out how to attach it. Please advise, thanks.

Mario Harris
334-422-9212 mariovharris@gmail.com

Summary of Qualifications
Offering Advanced IT skills and Proven Record of Consistent, High-Quality Performance in Systems Deployment, Configuration, Upgrade, Migration, Maintenance, and Problem Resolution Activities

Technical Competencies

Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, XP, Vista, 7, Ubuntu, Fedora, Linux

Networking: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Cisco VPN, Juniper VPN, DNS, DHCP, WINS, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, NAT, STP, SSH, Frame Relay, 802.11 wireless, CISCO IOS

Virtualization: VMware Workstation, VMware Server ESX
Remote Administration: Remote Desktop, VNC Server/Client, LogMeIn

Software: Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010, Internet Explorer 7+, Adobe Acrobat, Symantec Antivirus Software, Symantec Ghost, Host Integration Server

Hardware: Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switches, Cisco 2620XM, 2621XM routers

Employment History

IT Systems Technician

[03-2010 – Present] Alabama Department of Public Safety -- Montgomery, AL

§ Lead a team of technicians in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of secure ID-issuing stations for disaster response for BP Oil Spill in 2010 and Alabama tornadoes in 2011, while working overtime and traveling.

§ Saved over $110,000 by increasing workload and work orders due to the shortage of technicians.

§ Published more than 20 detailed project documentation reports complete with specific details of the resolution to the problems.

Driver License Examiner

[05-2007 – Present] Alabama Department of Public Safety -- Opelika, AL

§ Saved the department over $2000 a year by fixing the office’s computer problems, preventing the need for a traveling technician from the HQ in Montgomery, which led to being promoted to my current position.

§ Helped assist and train coworkers in various operating systems and software applications to enhance efficient computer usage.

§ Administered computer based written tests for applicants.

Education

Troy University Montgomery -- Montgomery, AL
§ A.S. Computer Science

Certifications

§ CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate 9-2011

Comments