Options

Taking the 201 today for WGU.

Ironman815Ironman815 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'll be leaving work early here in a few hours to take my 201. I'm a student at WGU and the only learning resource I used was the "LabSim" program they provided me. I went through all nine chapters and six section tests plus the Cert practice exam, spent about 40 hours total (it keeps track haha). I wish I had come here first before studying, I would have just gotten DG's book.

The program itself is pretty nice for studying, it uses different delivery methods for the content to keep you interested. I found the switching between videos of people talking, reading, video of a test computer, and the practice lab environments helped me absorb and retain the knowledge really well.

The practice tests they provide you aren't the best I've seen however, the questions frequently ask the same thing but in a different way sometimes two and three in a row. The Cert practice exam just samples the chapter test questions and combines them into one 100 question test so by the time you get to it you have basically memorized the questions unfortunately.

I'll let you know how I do and how reliable the LabSim program is for the other WGU students out there!

Comments