Options

Passed 70-647

fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello

Just thought I would let you know I passed 70-647 this week. This now completes my MCITP:EA path. I used the MSPress book and Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed. Loads of lab work and on the job experience (As I have done several migrations to Windows Server 2008 R2 which have been helpful). The sticky which Earweed posted on here was also very helpful (Thank Earweed): http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/54748-70-647-resources.html

A
ll in all I found the exam mediocre it wasn't easy but not too hard either. I managed to get an 850 pass first time (Which I am happy enough with). I would recommend anybody going for this exam to make sure you lab as much as possible. If you are just starting make sure you read a book that includes R2 and use other books without R2 to gain further info on specific areas afterwards. It is important to distinguish the differences right away. You also need to read up on other Microsoft products such as Microsoft System Center Suite and Forefront. I am not talking a huge amount of knowledge needed on these but be aware of what they are and what they do.

I am now onto Exchange 2010, 70-662 and 70-663. I am going to try and tackle them both at the same time. I have over 2 years experience with Exchange 2003, over 2 years experience with Exchange 2007, and 1 years experience with Exchange 2010. I have been on a 5 day training course for both Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010. Now that the MCITP:EA is under my belt I can concentrate on these two exams. I have allocated myself 2 months for these as I will be going through the material and learning/labbing in the evening whilst being involved in an Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 upgrade project at work in our cloud solution through the day. 2 months may seem long to some of you but I am also learning Dell storage (Required since moving jobs as I came from HP storage background. Terminology is different and little things like that), and with the migration project I felt 2 months was a more realistic time frame for me, as I tend to study thoroughly as well.

Anyway best of luck to everybody out there who will be sitting this exam or is on the MCITP:EA path. icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the tips! I am starting on the MCITP:EA path in about a month. As soon as OCZ sends me my replacement SSD I can start getting my lab setup.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Congrats. Feels good when you complete the EA.

I too am working on 662 & 663. Almost ready to take both exams. Probably late October.

Good luck with yours.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert! I actually found this test to be the easiest (for me) of the EA series of tests. I'm taking the CCNA next week (if nothing comes up) and then I'm gonna work on Exchange also.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Many thanks guys!! Best of luck in all of your up and coming exams!!