Options

Need Confirmation on the Exam Calculator

Up to this point I have not had to use the Calculator for an Exam but with 70-642 and the need to subnet coming in a few week's I need confirmation that it is the Basic Windows Calculator with the Scientific setting. I was told yes by one person and no by another. icon_silent.gif
Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246

Comments

• Options
    rjs_essexrjs_essex Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Krunchi wrote: »
    Up to this point I have not had to use the Calculator for an Exam but with 70-642 and the need to subnet coming in a few week's I need confirmation that it is the Basic Windows Calculator with the Scientific setting. I was told yes by one person and no by another. icon_silent.gif

I know this doesn't answer your question, or indeed probably doesn't help you, but I found I didn't even need the calculator (hence why I don't know!)...
    WIP: 70-417, Security+, Project+, CCNA
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I took that test late last year and the calculator was there. I also did not need it.
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I took that test late last year and the calculator was there. I also did not need it.

I know the Calculator is there was needing to know if it's the actual Windows Calculator...
  • Options
    shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    It's the actual Windows Calc with the Scientific setting.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Krunchi wrote: »
    I know the Calculator is there was needing to know if it's the actual Windows Calculator...

That is what I meant.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Make yourself a matrix and print out a few copies. Tape one up at your desk, bathroom mirror at home, etc. At least once a day at each location, read over the matrix. You will have memorized subneting before your test.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    Make yourself a matrix and print out a few copies. Tape one up at your desk, bathroom mirror at home, etc. At least once a day at each location, read over the matrix. You will have memorized subneting before your test.

This, and/or spend a few minutes each day on subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online Practice enough and you'll be able to solve most problems in your head.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I have Matrix/Table I'm trying to get burned into my brain but was just wondering about the Calculator just in case I need to go to plan B.
  • Options
    worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with Alan2308...subnettingquestions.com is a GREAT site. Take those questions long enough and you'll see the patterns. Good luck on your test!
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO
  • Options
    Passed 642 today had Zero sub netting questions so no need for Calculator Doh.

Thanks for the help though.