Colorado Technical University

ssgmun5000ssgmun5000 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone heard of this school? I am thinking of getting my bachelor's in IT-Network Management through this school.

Comments

• YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ive looked them up before but everything I have read about them is negative. When you go on their website and you can only get a little bit of info about their program, that's a little fishy to me. If you call the number on their website, you will never stop hearing from them. This school is definitely FOR PROFIT.
  • ssgmun5000ssgmun5000 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They seemed legit to me and they are accredited. I have spoken to them several times and the program seems very thorough. I was also looking into Liberty University's IT program but it didn't seem as deep as CTU's.
    Have you looked at WGU?
    I have recently started looking into WGU. I see that alot of posters here are taking courses there. Liberty U and WGU seem to be alot cheaper than CTU.
    If youre looking to do your degree online, WGU is the way to go. Cheap and good academics.
    Yeah I do see that it it alot cheaper than CTU. I guess I will pop in those WGU threads and see what other posters are saying about it.
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    There are worse schools than CTU, but there are definitely many better and some may cost less.

The name having the word "Technical" will raise some flags in people's minds. I did not like the fact that I had to hunt for tuition information when I was looking at them.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
    There BSIT program costs 52,780.
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Look at the WGU sticky threads here, read every single post.

After you are done reading, you will be convinced to enroll like me.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ssgmun5000 wrote: »
    There BSIT program costs 52,780.

I'm not knocking or advocating CTU...BUT....

their tuition seems to be geared toward veterans....especially Air Force folk, since an AF base is near CTU. This is from what I read about them on the degreeinfo board. Also, I do know someone who is earning a doctorate there....he has had to fly out over there for dissertation defense.

Would I spend $52k out of my own money for a BS degree from a for-profit entity? NO. :)