Passed ICND1

soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed with 887. It seemed easier than I thought it would be after the horror stories I read on here.

ICND2 in 2 weeks...
2018 Achievements:
Cloud Essentials SME
Project+
CRISC

2019 To conquer:
Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!

Comments

• cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! And Good Luck!
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I know you feel better getting it out of the way. Good luck with ICND 2. I may go the composite test myself. Not sure. Which materials did you use to study. I may go with the Todd Lammle book and Packet Tracer.
  • soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I'll list what I used, and what I thought of it.

I built my lab at home with 2X2500 series routers, 1X851 router (used as Demarc), and 2X2650 Catalyst switches. Most of the stuff I got from a buddy of mine who's IT department didn't need it anymore. The 851 I sprung for on Ebay. It cost my like $250. I tried some sims but in my opinion there is nothing like having the real thing. When I was able to plug a node into a switch 2 routers away from my Demarc router and see it grab an IP that was a great feeling and it was invaluable practice IMO.

First I watched the CBT Nuggets and labbed along with Jeremy as he went. At the time I thought it was very in depth and I was well prepared for the exam. Then I came on here and someone told me to get Lammle's ICND1 book. Wow am I glad I did!

Lammel's book covers everything on the exam and then some. I truly think that without that book I would not have passed. CBT Nuggets was decent, and Jeremy is entertaining but he does not really stress what is important for the exam outside of sub-netting (which he is brilliant at explaining). At the end of each chapter of Lammle's book he has a test and he has bulleted points to stress what you need to know for the exam. I spent the day before the exam making flash cards out of the bulleted points that I didn't know already and it helped me tremendously.

In addition to that Lammel's book comes with a CD with 3 practice tests on it. Unfortunately I lost the CD at work somewhere so I only took one of the tests.

I am going for the ICND2 now and I purchased Lammel's 640-802 book. A lot of it is review from the other book, but that is ok.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on passing, and thanks for posting what you used to pass it!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD