Options

Passed E20-522 EMC Storage Administrator (CLARiiON)

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
Only exam I have ever failed, now it has been conquered. Woot.
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• Options
    echo465echo465 Banned Posts: 115
    blargoe wrote: »
    How was it? We're shopping for SANs at work, and I'm seriously considering getting certified on whatever platform we go with (and EMC is one of the two that will probably be chosen).
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    echo465 wrote: »
    How was it? We're shopping for SANs at work, and I'm seriously considering getting certified on whatever platform we go with (and EMC is one of the two that will probably be chosen).

Not to threadjack, but what is the other option besides EMC?
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You really have to know the management side of things and the nitty gritty details of all the software add-ons (all the replication software, virtual provisioning, analyzer, QoS, etc.) for the exam. In addition, some knowledge of Windows, Linux and ESX, as it relates to managing storage, is crucial to be able to answer the questions on host integration with the CLARiiON. I took the test several years ago and was not well prepared, I wrote up my experiences here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/storage-certifications/45620-e20-522-fail.html. I actually took the test again when I went to EMC World earlier this year (not expecting to pass, since I didn't have a system that had the newer features installed) because the prices were discounted for the conference, and was a question short of passing it then.

If you are serious about wanting to try for any EMC test (that is, if your company ends up purchasing EMC equipment), I would urge you to convince your management to pay for official training. You can get a lot of information from whitepapers, but there are things covered in the training material that I haven't seen elsewhere. Our SE is going to throw in a training class with our next SAN purchase. You might be able to press for that as the end of the year approaches.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    blargoe wrote: »

Nicely done! Congratz!