Passed ICND1!!

BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
Thank you TE, your support has been awesome! scored an 874/1000, not the greatest score in the world, but as I have learned that the score doesn't mean anything, the only thing that matters is the pass! I knew I was going to pass 30 minutes in, I felt really prepared for the exam even though I sweating bullets prior to taking it. Nervousness more than likely got the best of me on some of the questions! on to ICND2!

Study Materials:

Todd Lammle's CCENT (Much easier to understand than odom)
Wendell Odoms ICND1 (Far more indepth than needed)
CBTNuggets (Jeremy is the bomb)

Home Lab:
2x 2950's
2x 2620's
1x 877W
Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi

Comments

• cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Blackout wrote: »
    Thank you TE, your support has been awesome! scored an 874/1000, not the greatest score in the world, but as I have learned that the score doesn't mean anything, the only thing that matters is the pass! I knew I was going to pass 30 minutes in, I felt really prepared for the exam even though I sweating bullets prior to taking it. Nervousness more than likely got the best of me on some of the questions! on to ICND2!

Study Materials:

Todd Lammle's CCENT (Much easier to understand than odom)
    Wendell Odoms ICND1 (Far more indepth than needed)
    CBTNuggets (Jeremy is the bomb)

Congratulations!!!! ICND2 next??
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cisco_kidd wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!! ICND2 next??

Yes sir, im all smiles, can't wait to crack open the CCNA books!

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your pass and on your CCENT! You're Cisco certified!! Keep up your same study habits and ICND2 won't be a problem
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
    MrBrian wrote: »
    Congrats on your pass and on your CCENT! You're Cisco certified!! Keep up your same study habits and ICND2 won't be a problem

I don't really have a choice to keep up the study habits, I separate from the navy beginning of next year. I studied 4-6 hours a day for a month for ccent, gonna continue with that habit till CCNA is done. After that im gonna spend a few months with the family before I start working on CCNP.

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    I understand. I was in the Air Force and separated a couple years back. I worked hard towards the CCNA and achieved it July 15th.. then dove straight into the CCNP ROUTE studying, which is where I'm at now. There's so much material, it goes in depth on the routing protocols, it's pretty awesome really. Get ready to cannonball into EIGRP and OSPF lol, among other topics. Good luck to you on your ICND 2 studies sir
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • T.AbbasiT.Abbasi Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I got my CCENT last month as well, didnt get a 900+ score, but like you say, what matters is that you pass. I'm in the same boat as you, taking the ICND2 first weekend of November. Again congrats, and good luck with the next one. Would to share my study material for icnd2: cbtnuggets, toddlammle ccna 7th ed, and odom icnd2, and packet tracer for labs (was able to acquire a single 2950 switch - have been using it to learn port security and vlan setups).

/regards
  • soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Good luck with ICND2.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • RyanCorbettRyanCorbett Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats !...working on CCENT right now....because i'm so scatterbrained, i highlight the most relevant parts of a book, and then put all the highlighted portions in outline format....it takes forever, but it's complete and thorough....just wish subnetting came easier....using odom's book and packet tracer.....congrats again !
  • Steveg31Steveg31 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on your pass and thanks for posting the materials you used to pass! :)
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Congrats on the pass, and thanks for serving this great country!
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the grats, and hopefully in the next two months ill be posting a passed CCNA thread!

• KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    Better late then never, Congratulations - Looking forward to the NA study threads
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • mcalderon90mcalderon90 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man
  • gramacorpgramacorp Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    Good job!

Keep on labbing.
  • SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What type of lab exercises on your switches and routers did you do?
    Most of labs i did were from netsim, and lammle's book.