Options

getting a job outside of your state

odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
I've been trying to obtain a job in Dallas market for about a month now. I still live in Florida. I've gotten some phone interviews, and I am up front saying I am willing to fly out for face to face interview afterwards on my own dime. I also tell them I am not looking for relocation cost. I've gotten alot of "call us when you are in the area." I had a great interview last week, and the company on Friday said they would pay for my flight. Come Monday I heard nothing from them, then Tuesday went by. I called the staffing company and they did not know what to say. All they knew was someone local interviewed and even though they liked me better they were not responding to emails and phone calls. I'm still in the grey about what happend.

Any suggestions for obtaining a job outside of your market? I am currently using my sister's address and tell them I am still working a contract in Florida but can move in two weeks after giving a 2 week notice.
Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action

Comments

• Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    I don't know if this is what you are already doing when you say you are using your sisters address.

Something my brother did worked very well (in finance sector)

He had a friend in another state where he wanted to work, used their address and never mentioned being out of state, since he planned to fly out on his own dime for the right interview.

Prior to doing this, he tried for 6 months with no success. Once he used this angle, he had a job in 3 weeks.