Options

Setting scanner default profile for VM users on Windows 7

mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have created a default profile for users on Windows 7 and there is scanner that I would like to be setup and configured by default for users when they login. Currently because I have registered the device on my profile when I login the scanner is already registered with the correct device and setting but when a new user logs they find the scanner is there with drivers etc but they have to register and locate the device.

I think when I register the device on profile and copy my profile to the default Win7 profile Windows is not copying some specific user settings.

Currently when setting up the scanner you install the software and the drivers then it will ask you to register the device which should search for the nearest scanner on the network but since my VMs are being hosted at another location I have to enter the IP address manually and once that is done when I login I do not have to do it again. With my current Vms when users log off they loose all settings and it means they have to go through the steps off adding the scanner again which sometimes they get wrong plus is time consuming.

So is there anywhere either in registry settings I can copy the scanner registration to the HKey Local Machine so that who ever logs into the VM will have the scanner already registered for them to use?