Options

New DC

netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
Can someone please help me, I have two Windows 2003 servers, and on one of them I have set up as a Domain controller and created user accounts on it, however the server has disappeared from my network places and when other computers are logged into it just loads up as normal. I think I am doing something realy stupid. icon_rolleyes.gif
Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Make sure you add your new PCs to the domain that you created on the DC. If your only problem is seeing the DC, that sometimes is caused by a slow hub/switch or improper DNS/WINS.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Try to ping your DC from one of your workstations.
  • Options
    MarianoMariano Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    check your network connetion to see if disable ,check your tcp/ip settings,check device manager for errors or driver problems with you nic card . it could just be a connetivity issue.
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Like I said it was something probably stupid, I forgot to set workstations to the Domain, and left them in the Workgroup Duuuhhh. icon_redface.gif

Next thing now, is to try and set up roaming profiles for family users, as this a home network lab.

Windows 2003 Server > DHCP Server
    Windows 2003 Server > Domain controller and DNS Server, and Default gateway, connected to cable modem on one NIC (external IP address) and another NIC (Multihomed) connected to private internal network all sharing ICS. icon_wink.gif

3 x Windows 2000 Professional > Clients (for roaming profiles)
    All connected to an 8 port switch
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"