Resume help!

Hey guys,

I could really use some help making my resume stand out a little more. I received a promotion last week, but I just received an e-mail from an old professor advising that the US government is recruiting for those of us that are graduating May of next year; however, we should submit our resumes by the 21st of this month.

Any editing/advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Resume TechExams.doc
MCP, HDI-SCA, MCDST, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS

In progress: MCSA (70-290 & 70-291), CCENT, CCA XenDesktop 5

Comments

• jmreichajmreicha Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    -Personal preference; put education at bottom, keep the rest of the order the same.
    -The structure seems.... disorganized. Line up the paragraphs, margins, etc. to make things look cleaner.
    -Tighten things up, remove excess white space so you can add more room into your experience sections.
    -Remove bullet points from first word of each position.
    -Separate position from company and location from dates employed, having difficulty getting the format to show you what I mean in this post (re, but hopefully you get the gist.

Network Analyst
    To-From

In my eyes it just makes things look cleaner and easier to read.

Again, this is all just personal preference so take it all with a grain of salt.
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    I think I would put your sheriff's office information in there with just one entry, with your current/last title there.

Clean it up some, or at least line it up. Kinda all over the place! Remember, every screen things look different, so be safe with all the alignments.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Good advice form jmreicha. Especially the position/company etc line. It feels endless. Break it up.

I find the Certification section aggravating. Need to lineup better. Also, you may want to include the certification abbreviation (MCITP, MCP, etc.) in case the HR goons are scanning for those. Also, not seeing the benefit of bolding the first word of the position.
  • brianeaglesfanbrianeaglesfan Member Posts: 130
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Good advice form jmreicha. Especially the position/company etc line. It feels endless. Break it up.I find the Certification section aggravating. Need to lineup better. Also, you may want to include the certification abbreviation (MCITP, MCP, etc.) in case the HR goons are scanning for those. Also, not seeing the benefit of bolding the first word of the position.
    Reading this on a blackberry I cannot open the attachment but the abbreviation suugestion is spot on. Most hr folks only know abbreviations so including these after the spelled out cert title is good practice.
    Complete: MSMIS, MBA, EPIC certified
    In progress: CPHIMS, CAPM
  • universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    might want to be able to explain the gap in employement from jan 2006 to july 2006 (or is this a typo and it should have been june 2006 as the end date of the job).
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green