Common Cisco Devices tested on ICND1

victivicti Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All, can anyone tell me the commonly tested router devices in ICND1 please, thanks in advance, and do I need to know the specs of these devices. Thanks again

Comments

• gramacorpgramacorp Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco does not test on any specific model per say but the ios version needs to be 12.3 or better in my op. Once you further your study's you will learn a few models and some of their specs, capabilities. I purchased two 1760s on ebay. Some other models you might want to look at are 2500 and 2600 series routers. Just researching the hardware is half the fun icon_wink.gif
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    I assume you're referring to devices found in simulations on the ICND1 exam. Which discussing would go against the NDA. The best thing to do would be to configure on real equipment or software based: packet tracer/GNS3. Once done, wipe the configs.. rinse and repeat many times. Once at the point you can config without really thinking about the commands you'll be well prepared. Then knowing the specs of routers/switches etc won't matter.

To further what gramacorp mentioned. If going for real hardware for switches stick with 2950's.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • gramacorpgramacorp Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No NDA violation here... You can read the press books to get an idea of what hardware and ios you will be tested on...
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    For hardware

routers
    1721's , 1751's , 1760, 2600xm's(the plain 2600's don't have enough ram or flash for recent ios versions)
    or if you have a higher budget
    1800's

switches
    2950's avoid the sx and fx models - they use fibre for the link ports
    3550 (L3 switch)
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014