Question about the CCENT

sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
Do they ask you about the cisco discovery protocol?

Comments

• BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Im pretty sure to tell you that would be a violation of the NDA. If your talking about on the test.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    They could ask you about CDP. Per the objectives:

- Determine the path between two hosts across a network
    - Manage Cisco IOS
    - Verify network status and router operation
    - Verify device configuration and network connectivity using ping, traceroute, telnet, SSH or other utilities

I can see CDP applying to any of those to some extent so it is fair game is they do bring it up. In general, if something applies to any of the objectives, it could potentially be on the test.
  • j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    I'd tell you to look at the Cisco objectives that are posted on their site.
  • sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    They could ask you about CDP. Per the objectives:

- Determine the path between two hosts across a network
    - Manage Cisco IOS
    - Verify network status and router operation
    - Verify device configuration and network connectivity using ping, traceroute, telnet, SSH or other utilities

I can see CDP applying to any of those to some extent so it is fair game is they do bring it up. In general, if something applies to any of the objectives, it could potentially be on the test.
    The objective doesnt say nothing about cdp.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    sizeon wrote: »
    Not specifically but CDP is something that is covered in the Cisco Press ICND1 study guide so it will probably be on the test. Even if it's not on the test it is something that you will definitely need to know if you wish to work in networking.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    sizeon wrote: »

Although you are correct you completely missed my point. Have you reviewed the objectives? Go take a peek. Nowhere it says you need to know subnetting. It just says you need to know how to implement and addressing scheme. How do you achieve that? By subnetting.