Options

need help to decide on which job?

keeranbrikeeranbri Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,

For so long I have been waiting for an opportunity or door to open so I can get my foot in the door into an IT company and take that chance.

I have been working in a call center for the past 4 and half years doing business collections Sadly that is not even my expertise, interest, or even my long term goal to stay there but I have no idea how I ended up there for 4 years. I guess the positive side of it is that it has provided me with the call center/customer service experience that all help desk jobs want.

Now..I need some advice on what I should do. First of all, I had interviewed for great company called Intuit, not sure if anyone knows about that company, but it is a software company that started quickbooks, quicken and turbotax and now they have expanded so much that they provide so many online services to businesses, consumers, etc. Make a long story short, I got offered the position this last Wednesday, to be a online technical support rep supporting there online payroll system. This is through a agency and is a 9 month contract, possibly permanent if performance is good. This is going to start at the end of October.

Second, I had just got another interview today with a company called Insight, its a technology solutions company. and I think I nailed the interview as well, but I will not know untill hopefully monday or tuesday. This position is a tier 1 help desk. I'm excited but wondering at the same if I get this offer. Which one do I choose? This is about a 3-6 month contract to hire position and the pay is higher when going full time. The commute is only about 5-10 minutes from my home where as the other one is about 30 minutes from home.

I feel that the Intuit company is more of an upbeat, outgoing, innovative company based on reviews I've read and there site and i'm unable to find any reviews about Insight. However, I was told to go with my instincts and go with the company that would benefit me more in the long run. I know they are both IT jobs related.

The Intuit company has a advantage because I would be able to leave in good terms and provide a 2 week notice and the Insight stated wants to start on the 17th. which does not give me the standard 2 week notice. Even though I hate my job right now so bad and hate the managers, I still try to do good.