Options

CUCM on Ebay

cleveohcleveoh Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just starting CCNA Voice, looking to add CUCM to my lab. Are any of these worth the money?

cucm | eBay

Comments

• Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Use VMware and download the trials from Cisco. These are nothing more than the hardware they are supplying and the trial licenses. Read the fine print on the auctions.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Never been a big fan of those kits - Locate the software, and set them up in VMWare yourself. You'll save $$ and learn a little more in the process. Finding the media may be tricky - I had to resort to purchasing the media through ebay when I first started out (before I had access).
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    We have a valid service contract with Cisco where I work, but it looks like Cisco is a little picky as to what you can download.
  • Options
    cuuloco10cuuloco10 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i almost bought one of those so called deals on CUCM; and with the advise and help from this forum, i decided to built my own - i did buy a dell 1950 ( 2 Quad Proc ) with 20 GB Memory for less than 600 ( i did get lucky on ebay) and then i ordered from ciscomarket place the CUCM NFR kit for 275 or so and with all the CUCM, Unity Connection, UCCX, CER, etc ...so for about 800 - 875 i have a kick@$$ server.

by the way , NFR is Not for Retail and demo licenses -

good luck with the CCNP Voice Lab - keep us posted
  • Options
    For the life of me I can't locate the "CUCM NFR kit" on Cisco's web site, is it still available or is it called something else now?
  • Options
    i did search it for you
    check out this link and then click on promotional software: Cisco Marketplace - Cisco Systems

login into cisco.com and then search for the CUCM NFR Kit
  • Options
    That's where I checked yesterday and could not find it, still not seeing it, I see 21 products listed but no CUCM. When I do search I get "No Results found for your search criteria, please try another keyword."
  • Options
    search for this part number = UC8.6-K9-PBO Rev. 0 or Version 8.5 = UC8.5-K9-PBO Rev. 0
    Title: Cisco Unified Communication System Release 8.6/8.5
    ---
    Keep us in the loop and have a good weekend !
  • Options
    Wow, still no go, I get the following when I search:

We were unable to find the support information for the product "[UC8.5-K9-PBO]".
    Please refine your query in the Search box above or by using the following suggestions:
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    1. google
    2. cisco marketplace
    3. click link, arrive to cisco marketplace
    4. click the image in the middle that says "promotional software store"
    5. Click Unified Communicaiton Partner Building link to the left pane.
    6. choose your option.

now, if you do not get certain link in the left pane, then your login ID/contract does not allow it.
  • Options
    Looks like a no go:

[h=2]UNIFIED COMMUNICATION PARTNER BUNDLE OFFERING[/h] There are no products available in this category at this time.
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Sounds like you have no access to this section.
  • Options
    I guess it's back to plan B, obtaining CUCM from Ebay. Any of these look like they are worth the $

cucm | eBay
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    See if the non-bootable upgrade ISOs are available w/your CCO login. If so, this may be worth a try:

blindhog.net » Make a Non-Bootable Cisco Unified Communications ISO Image Bootable
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT