Cisco Anytime Connect 3.0 on IOS router not ASA?

keconnect sparkykeconnect sparky Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
We are looking at changing VPN solutions (currently have a IPSEC vpn which is handled by the IOS in the cisco router) however now the company is using more 64bit machines this is an issue with the cisco vpn client,

Now looking around the cisco vpn client is superseded by cisco anytime connect, now version 2.5 does not support IPSEC, however version 3 does, however i can only find little information out about it and am confused about the licensing and also the mobile solution, also whether this can be deployed on an IOS router or is only for the ASA ...

Cisco documentation i found so far:
Release Notes for Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, Release 3.0 - Cisco Systems

anyone?

Thanks
Mark

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    About two years ago I worked on a project to set up AnyConnect 2.3 to work with a Cisco 2811 router to use SSL VPN for remote access. We were running IOS 12.4T with the k9 package included, (I don't remember the exact feature set.) All the documentation Cisco offers talks about the ASA being the platform of choice for AnyConnect, mainly because Cisco's doing a big push to offload all security-related tasks to ASA appliances, but the software will work with a router as well. . . provided your IOS version can handle serving up VPN.

I don't, unfortunately, have any of the documentation or links to the how-to's I used for the project anymore, but scouring Google will more than likely turn up a few of the same resources.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • keconnect sparkykeconnect sparky Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply, however when trying to downloading the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 3.0 it slaps me and informs me its not in part of my service contract, presumabably becuase we dont have an ASA500 in there ..... icon_cry.gif

on the site it does say:

The following components make up the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility solution:

Think this project is going to have to go on the back burner for a bit
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yup, sounds like it. If you have SMARTnet, you might be able to call up Cisco and ask them about it, and get the k9 upgrade you need to get access to AnyConnect.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.