Options

Tier3/4 Network engineer position - upcoming phone interview

AkiiiAkiii Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Next week I'll have a tconf for a new build position that I applied for. The business has bought a new company with approx 120 sites and the deal would be to move these sites to our mpls and refresh the lan with cisco stuff. At my current position I'm doing support and build and travelling alot leading migrations,aquisitions, tech refresh etc. There will be some kind of manager and a techie who will point me the questions.

I feel myself quite convenient with a lot of technologies like MPLS, BGP turnups,IPsec, GRE, mGRE, hub and spoke tunneling etc for the WAN side - but still really afraid. Any tips would come handy how to roll up most of the things in a few days.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Akiii wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Next week I'll have a tconf for a new build position that I applied for. The business has bought a new company with approx 120 sites and the deal would be to move these sites to our mpls and refresh the lan with cisco stuff. At my current position I'm doing support and build and travelling alot leading migrations,aquisitions, tech refresh etc. There will be some kind of manager and a techie who will point me the questions.

I feel myself quite convenient with a lot of technologies like MPLS, BGP turnups,IPsec, GRE, mGRE, hub and spoke tunneling etc for the WAN side - but still really afraid. Any tips would come handy how to roll up most of the things in a few days.

Thanks
    i don't see the reason why you should be afraid if all you mentioned above is really what you do. I don't think it will hurt to tell them what you know even if asked what you don't know. You are good to go in my opinion.
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
  • Options
    esswokesswok Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am new at the interview game, this may not help for this one;but
    it was easy to get my interviewers name.
    I googled the name and found thier whole resume online.