Options

Have a Job Interview!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Just the initial HR interview, but it is for a position as a Digital Evidence Tech. It is considered entry level and the only skill I lacked was in the programming languages they are looking for (Python was one, which I was planning on learning). Interview tomorrow at 10 AM (tried to get Friday so I didn't lose any sleep, but sometimes you can't control those things).
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Sounds like an interesting position. Good luck!
  • Options
    Welp, that was the quickest interview I have ever had (6 minutes). As I figured, it was the HR interview to go over the resume and make sure my skills lined up. Only skill I didn't have were the programming requirements, but I had taken courses in all the languages they were looking for. The rep is forwarding my resume to the hiring manager for consideration and I should hear in a few days!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck man!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Welp, that was the quickest interview I have ever had (6 minutes). As I figured, it was the HR interview to go over the resume and make sure my skills lined up. Only skill I didn't have were the programming requirements, but I had taken courses in all the languages they were looking for. The rep is forwarding my resume to the hiring manager for consideration and I should hear in a few days!

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll do fine. Let us know what happens!
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
  • Options
    So I figured that since it's been a week and I hadn't heard back, that I didn't get the job. But low and behold I got a call this afternoon to schedule an interview with a senior evidence examiner. I did call back and left a message, just waiting to hear back. Now to brush up on my forensic knowledge!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    PilotrebornPilotreborn Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man, looks like you have a lot to bring to the table. Let us know how is goes.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes guys! The interview went extremely well and they are referring me to the next step in the process (will be an in person interview). It is an entry level position and will deal solely in the collection of the evidence. All very hands on and very fast pace, which I am definitely excited about. Another great tidbit I found out was that the job in actually in NYC, the posting had said it would be in DC. They are growing and are planning to open offices in several cities, the best being Philadelphia as that is where I grew up and is very close to where I live now. Again (as always) thanks for the support and I will keep everyone up to date!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sounds exciting. Wishing you the best icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Sounds awesome! Good luck and let us know how it goes icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Thanks again guys! My interview is next Friday at 10 AM. In thinking about it I am 0 for 2 when interviewing in the Big Apple, hopefully I break the streak.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff