Options

Employer Tuition Reimbursement for WGU

Here is my employer's policy for tuition reimbursement:
  • No more than 2 courses will be reimbursed per semester
  • Any courses that will be reimbursed must relate to the employee's job (IT).
  • Only grades of C or higher will be reimbursed.
  • 50% of tuition will be reimbursed at the end of the semester, the other 50% will be reimbursed 1 year later.
Since the policy was written a while ago, it does not include online systesm such as WGU. Has anyone had a similar policy, and found a way around this? HR has pretty told to figure out how to do this. I don't know how to break down the price of WGU's 6 month terms.

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The oddity with WGU is that it is a fixed semester cost and you get your classes picked at the beginning of the semester, but you can add more as you complete them. My strategy, in your case, would be to sign up for only job related courses at the beginning of the semester and the cost would be the fixed cost of every semester. Then, you just get your unrelated courses after you complete your minimum of 8 competency units of job related courses done.

That is a bit of a weird overall policy... I have seen bits and pieces of that implemented in other places, but that is the coalescence of all the bad/odd features in one.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro