Options

any ideas on the new ms 70290 exam

dondaddadondadda Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
know its been a long time but i have been trying to get prepared for this 70290 and its been hell but i knocking it one by one till i get it. just want to know the passing score and any advice you guy have up your sleeve the a plus OS was a tough one i really had to go over that exam twice before i submitted it to make sure i passed. and i would tell anyone work hard to know your os inside out because i tought and knew it till it made me sweat. network plus was easy to work with beleive me but still try to know it. any way i have to go so especially folks who have taken the new exam. let me hear some facts on it okay. thanks and have a good one

Comments

• Options
    jon boyjon boy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HI,

The only advice I can really offer is to be able to do everything in practice, that you can do in theory. Have you got a 2003 server built? That would be the first step, then it is just a case of scouring for the new simulation questions to build up your knowledge on the practical side. Having recently passed the 70-291, with sims, you have to know how to apply the "Microsoft Least Administrative Effort" policy to everything, even though it may be the wrong or ineffective way to achieve the desired result! Also make sure you understand Group Policies inside out.

Hope this helps,

Jono
    "You may love many women, but you'll only ever love one club". MUFC.
  • Options
    Chris-HongKongChris-HongKong Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just failed with score 568... the passing score is 700 pts but don't know what is the min or max. it contains 44 questions with 4-5 simulations
    duration 195 mins, I have to say you should have enough time and think if you know the stuff well probably 120mins will be enough.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Get exam cram2 & know it inside & out. The questions I really crammed for were VB scripts & hard drive monitoring from remote locations. The questions were not that hard just to drawn out.
  • Options
    dondaddadondadda Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys i am still preparing i have looked at the cram book and i am using the new ms press books that microsoft has out even though they really are for persons who has worked in the feild for a few years. i have found that the more practical i am with it the easier it has become and the more confident i have become so i just want to say thank you very much fo your support. now question ,What is the real difference between remote desktop connection and remote assistance and how does terminal server come in to play there? Is it only used for one or does it have to be activated for both? What is a good way to break down the effective permissions. i am trying to place every thing in there own niche. and the shared, file and folder permissions are okay as i have found methods to deal with those but no dice with the effective ones