Options

Accepting a job offer?

jmreichajmreicha Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been selected for a position and am excited for the change. This forum has given me so much good advice for getting to where I want to be, I would like to thank everybody. I have one more question before I take the next step.

Maybe I'm just overthinking this but oh well. I was offered the position over the phone and per the advice I received asked for an offere in writing before I notified my current employer.

I have received an email extending the offer (pending a successful background check) but I don't know if that is an official offer or if I should expect some sort of official document? I don't have any reservations about accepting the offer, I just want to cover my bases just in case and see what type of feedback I can get here before I take the next step.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I would wait on that background check. God knows what can pop up, even stuff that is not related to you and appears there by error may take a while to clear up. That happened to a friend of mine and he was stuck with no job for 2 months.

Is this a small company? for mid and big companies you usually get a formal letter which you have to sign and send back.
  • Options
    jmreichajmreicha Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I would wait on that background check. God knows what can pop up, even stuff that is not related to you and appears there by error may take a while to clear up. That happened to a friend of mine and he was stuck with no job for 2 months.

Is this a small company? for mid and big companies you usually get a formal letter which you have to sign and send back.

This is for a medium size company. With the email offer I would be safe to assume that they will send an official offer when I tell them that I accept?