Options

Test Taking Strategy for the 70-640- your thoughts?

worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok, I have a weird question about a strategy for taking the 70-640 exam. I will be writing it Monday afternoon at 1:00 and I was thinking about doing something different. You guys can tell me what you think, or share your experiences if you want. I was thinking about just going through all 50 questions answering all the easy ones, then going back and answering the harder ones. Do you think this strategy poses an advantage for the test taker, or should I just take the exam as normal? ...one at a time?

I normally go one at a time and never look back after making a decision on an answer. I just thought I would throw this out there while I was taking a break from studying.

Preeesh!
Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
OIIIIIIIO

Comments

• Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    I do this on every test if I'm 100% sure I answer and move if I have any doubt I mark it for review and move on to the next question because the answer to the question's that I'm not sure about might be answered in a later question. I would say on average I can knock out about 40 questions and have to review about 10 by that time my brain is warmed up and I have shaken off the nerves.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's how I take tests as well. If you are 100% sure on the ones you've marked already, you can see how many potential misses you have and know if you're going to pass at that point. This is a double edged sword of course...icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok...I might try this method then...

This time tomorrow, I hope to add MCTS to my resume, LOL...Thanks for your input fellas. :)
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    rphannrphann Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    Ok...I might try this method then...

This time tomorrow, I hope to add MCTS to my resume, LOL...Thanks for your input fellas. :)

Good luck! My strategy to come back to the questions I have marked. If I have more time, I would skim through the rest.