Options

Job recruiters from India

nhprnhpr Member Posts: 165
I've recently been getting a number of phone calls from headhunters with strong Indian accents who ask if I'm interested in jobs -- seemingly without having even glanced at my resume. Curious as to why this was happening, I did a bit of googling and came across this thread on Dice. Does anyone know if that's accurate?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've been getting these calls for years. They call non stop whenever I have my resume posted online. Very annoying.

As far as the Dice boards, that place is full of doom, gloom and conspiracy theories. I wouldn't believe anything I read there.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Yup, happens every time I've put my resume up. They can't pronounce my name (not like I can pronounce most of theirs, but my name is common and not a hard one!), and often sound like they're in a huge hurry. Most of the time I am genuinely not interested in the position they are trying to fill (often very short contracts on the other side of the country), so I politely tell them I'm not interested.

The few that I did give a chance because I was actually interested in the jobs they said they were recruiting for, never went anywhere.